Monday, April 6, 2009

It's been a long time since I started the blog, and had to redo it. Looking forward to lots of posts in the future.

Had a weekend full of riding with a 70 miler on Saturday fighting the wind most of the time. Sunday was my first real big mile ride with a solo century. I don't think I've ever done one completely on my own. Really wasn't a big deal. I rode from home up to the Cuyahoga Valley to get rollers in first and then some good climbing in after 70 to 80 miles. I got a little head work going ramping into the biggest climb of the day, a mile long 12% grinder, heading out of the valley. Didn't need to think about it so much as the climb came pretty easy with just some tightness as I rolled over the top. Best part of the ride was feeling good rolling in. Didn't have to drag myself in the house or call the paramedics. I even wired a couple of new lights and fixed the dryer before hitting the shower and grilling burgers! So the endurance is coming, need to keep it up and get more climbing in. All this is in preparation for the Assault on Mt. Mitchell coming in May. Even with feeling great after more than 13 hours in the saddle, I need more climbing. I may forgo this weekends race to head to the hills and grind out some repeats Saturday and then another long one Sunday. Plan has the week as mostly off. Hard for me to do, but necessary to keep from burning out. More later,

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment